Tuesday 4 August 2015

Weekly News

Happy Free Breakfast


A waitress father had been save my fire fighters. She return the favour by doing something really nice. Instead of a bill for breakfast she wrote a thank you note. It said:


Your breakfast is on me today. Thank you for all that you do; for serving others and for running into the place everyone else runs away from. No matter your role, you are courageous, brave and strong... Thank you for being bold and bad ass everyday! Fuelled by fire and driven by courage- what an example you are.

If someone gave me a note like that I would feel on top of the world and so proud of what I do. The firefighter posted it on facebook urging people to go eat there. HE soon found out that the waitress had a GoFundMe page, which she was using to try and raise $17,000 to buy her father a wheelchair accessible van. He posted again and then 1,000 people donated  and she got $50,000 more than her goal.  personally I think this is a awesome thing to do and it is very inspirational. I love the way she did something awesome and he did something nice back. There was no words that I found tricky in the article. I wonder what they have done with the extra money?  I got my info from http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

2 comments:

  1. I like how you put your own opinion on your take of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was very nice of the fire fighter to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete