Tuesday 3 May 2016

Learner Agency

Learner agency is how as learners we have the power to make our own decisions and actions in own learning. We are authors of our own learning. Some learners find it harder to use learner agency and the teachers support them and give them some extra help to lead their own learning. Learner agency does not just happen at school it happens in different settings. I think my school is very lucky because we have a lot of freedom. 

We have the freedom to sit where we want to. We create our own timetables each week.We have the choice in timetabling and choosing when to do certain tasks by prioritizing and have the flexibility to change our plan as the circumstances change. We book into workshops they own choice e.g. if I need help with adding decimals, I can book in for these workshops. If I want to.
 I have to manage my time to get to the various meetings, workshops and meet deadlines. I have learner agency! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment