Monday 20 June 2016

News Weekly

Man Goes 555 Days Without a Heart

I am very lucky to be healthy and happy because some people are not as lucky as me like. Like Stan Larkin, 25 year old man that has lived without 555 days without a heart. He had a heart problem and had lots of help. He has lived since 2014, wearing a backpack which holds a device powering an artificial heart in his chest. This has helped him to live a relatively normal life. Stan had to live with two tubes coming out from his side below his rib cage and connected to the 5.8kg device in the backpack he wore. Now he is very lucky to have a new heart and can live normally again. 


Words you need know the meaning to understand the text 

Artificial 
Something made or produced by human beings, a copy of something natural. 

Heart 
A hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the body. 

Device 
A thing made or adapted for a particular purpose, mostly mechanical or electronic equipment. 

I think that he is so cool and he should be very happy and celebrate his journey. I wonder if anybody has something similar to Stan? How long can you live like Stan with the artificial heart? I wonder what heart problem he had because in the article it does not say? I got my info from http://kiwikidsnews.co.nz/man-goes-555-days-without-heart/

No comments:

Post a Comment