Monday 22 August 2016

Food Miles Group Endeavour

 Today in Marama we have been working on curiosity.  Me and my group  are looking at food miles. We came up with a driving question to help us. Why should we support local instead of imported food growers?  From that question we came up with many other questions to help us to answer the big question. The people at the table and I spread out all the questions and sorted them into different groups. I am really excited to learn about it and can not wait to get started.

  • What is it I hope I will come to understand more deeply through this inquiry?

I want to have an impact and I want to help other understand more about food miles. But before we do that, we have to learn more deeply. I would love to answer the big question of why should we support local instead of imported food growers with a detained helpful response.               

  • What knowledge might I need to help move towards this understanding?

We will need a lot of knowledge to help us. Mostly we will find out this knowledge when talking/investing our topic.

  • What is it I hope to be able to do more competently? 

I hope that I will be able to go to the food shop and be able to know the impact of importing
and exporting.

  • What learning powers will this inquiry help me practice and develop further?  

The main one is curiosity. We are using this learning power now by asking all the questions. We are also doing alot of connecting as we are in a group. My group and I are really good at connecting, we bounce ideas off of each other and find it easy to work together.




Some of the question me and my group came up with....

  • What food can we not grow in New Zealand but have because of importing?
  • What country imports/exports the most food?
  • What food do we need to be imported in New Zealand?
  • What diseases can imported food carry?
  • What is the cheapest imported food?
  • What is the most imported/exported food in New Zealand?
  • Is there a shortage of local food growers because imported food is taking over the market?
  • What food do we export in New Zealand?
  • How can us as children convince people to support local instead of importers?
  • What country supports us and sends us imported food?
  • What can we do to support local growers?
  • What food is grown locally?
  • How does food make it to the supermarket, what’s the process?
  • What the difference costs  of local and imported food?
  • How does food stay fresh?
  • What food do we import?
  • What food is the easiest to grow?
  • What food is the easiest to import?
  • What is the most common imported food?
  • What is the most common locally grown food?
  • How much does it cost to get imported food to New Zealand?
  • How do you know if the food is local or imported?

No comments:

Post a Comment